13 June, 2011

30 Days of Truth Challenge - "Windows to the Soul"

Day 11: Something people seem to compliment you the most on.

They say that your eyes are the window to your soul so it begs to be asked, at least from me... what is it that they see when they look into/at mine? My eyes have always garnered the most compliments, well the compliments I deemed genuine.
If you were to ask me I'd just say that they're your average run of the mill dark brown (cause nobody has black eyes) eyes. So that leads me to believe that there must be some truth to that saying, at least I hope so.

I once experimented with the disposable color contacts. The really cheap ones you can find at the Korean (i.e. Black Beauty Supply) store. I found it painstakingly-difficult to stick my own finger in my eye so it was almost an exercise in futility trying to put those light brown contacts in.

The little woman behind the counter lead me to believe that they could be cleaned and used more than once and she happily sold me cleaning solution and the little lens tray for storage. (Mind you the damn contacts were only like $10 or $15 dollars, but all the extra 'ish she sold me easily rivalled that price.) To be young and dumb and coveting of those with light-brown eyes. The damn packaging clearly stated "disposable-single use ONLY" (smh, c'est la vie, it's doesn't pay to be cheap because you really do wind up cheating yourself). I will not describe to you the malady that ensued following her advice but I will tell you that conjunctivitis is REAL. And painful.

Perhaps it wasn't my eyes that captivated my audience of suitors at all, maybe it was just my poker-face... *_o.

No comments: